Last week, Samsung unveiled its new Galaxy S24 Ultra that had some hardware improvements, but leaned much more heavily on software and the addition of AI-powered features. It got us thinking, does a new smartphone need more than just AI to be compelling?
We would like to thank OM SYSTEM for their continued sponsorship of the PetaPixel podcast. As most of us here in North America recently learned, winter has officially arrived. So with all of this beautiful snowfall, what better time to get outside and learn the incredibly rewarding art of winter wildlife photography?
Today on PetaPixel, read OM SYSTEM Ambassador Art Lefo’s nine tips for photographing wildlife in the winter. In this comprehensive guide, Lefo discusses how he prepares for extreme weather, how he sets up his camera for success, how he captures dynamic compositions, and how he utilizes image stabilization to capture gorgeous photos of winter wildlife.
Big thanks to OM SYSTEM for their continued support, and check out explore.omsystem.com/petapixel to learn more about the OM-1, the OM-5, and their incredible line of M.Zuiko lenses.
Samsung’s new Galaxy S24 Ultra sports a great new display, excellent build quality, and generally a fantastic user experience. But when it comes to the camera system, very little was changed from last year’s S24 Ultra. So in 2024, what should someone reasonably expect from a new handheld? Does it need hardware improvements or is software enough?
Apple provided mostly software changes and new enhancements, but it also added a new telephoto lens to the iPhone 15 Pro Max. Google redesigned much of its camera array in addition to adding AI capabilities. Compared to the field, was what Samsung did enough? Chris, Jordan, and Jaron discuss.
In This Episode:
- 00:00 – Intro
- 07:27 – Edelkrone’s $2,600 motorized tripod weighs 9 kilograms
- 10:18 – Apple takes the top spot from Samsung in the smartphone market for the first time
- 14:56 – Nikon lens engineer thinks the Noct should be a series of lenses
- 19:02 – Chris and Jordan’s take on YouTubers quitting the game
- 27:30 – Does a new smartphone need more than software and AI? What is “good enough” for a new release?
- 40:49 – What have you been up to?
- 42:20 – Chris wasn’t on an island off the coast of Africa
- 47:43 – Tech Support